FSA Reported Rangeland in Kansas


Farm Service Agency policy requires that producers participating in several programs such as the Agriculture Risk Coverage (ARC), Price Loss Coverage (PLC), or who receive marketing assistance loans or loan deficiency payments submit an annual report regarding all cropland use on their farms. Typically, this is done by filling out the FSA-578 form. This data is available here. For today’s map, Rangeland includes any acreage reported as, Crop = Grass, and Crop-Type = Native or Prairie (added together).

More maps will be added in the future, so keep checking.

Thanks go to Brady Rundel for his assistance in producing the maps.


This entry was posted in Hay Clippings Blog. Bookmark the permalink.