Kansas Range Youth Camp
June 15-18, 2021
Range Youth Camp is the most accepted and enduring activity of the Kansas Section of the Society for Range Management. The camp was first held in 1960 and is continuing to educate youth about the importance of Kansas rangelands to this day. The camp is designed to give students a basic understanding of the principles of rangeland ecology, including plant physiology, plant identification, ecological sites, range condition, and trend. Additional topics discussed at camp are animal behavior, animal nutrition, wildlife use of rangelands, and calculating stocking rates. Students who are interested in attending should have a serious interest in rangeland management, rangeland ecology, or grazing animals.
Adult Range Schools
Midgrass – August 10-12, 2021
655 Solomon Lane
Tallgrass – August 24-26, 2021
Camp Wood YMCA
101 Camp Wood Road
Please join us for the sixth annual Kansas Governor’s Summit on Agricultural Growth being held Thursday, August 26, at the Manhattan Conference Center in Manhattan, Kansas.
The 2021 Summit will be a celebration of agriculture featuring discussions on common crossover topics and presentations by influential leaders in agriculture. We will also share updates on all 18 sectors of Kansas agriculture and discuss outcomes that have been identified for growth in these sectors.
Please continue to check for more information as it is released.
If you have questions regarding the Summit, please email Brittney Grother at Brittney.Grother@ks.gov or call 785-564-6700.
- Kansas Grazing Lands Coalition Grazing Call. Join other grazers from across the state of Kansas in a telephone conversation with grazing management experts Barry Barber, Gary Kilgore and Keith Harmoney on the second Monday of each month, from 7:30 to 9:00 pm.
- Who should participate? Farmers, ranchers and educators. Anyone who is interested in grazing!
- What’s the benefit to me? This is an opportunity to learn how you can use complementary forages to extend your grazing season, gain management tips and explore ideas to improve profitability while you responsibly manage your natural resources.
- How do I participate in the call? Dial: (712) 775-7031, Enter Access Code: 770024
- AFGC Annual Conference Coming to Kansas in 2022! Wichita, KS will be the site of the 2022 American Forage and Grassland Council (AFGC) Annual Conference, so mark your calendars for January 9-12, 2022. To learn more about this conference, check out this YouTube video, which provides a great summary of the recently concluded 2020 conference.