- Winter Forage Conference Going Virtual, December 10, 2020
MANHATTAN, Kan.— The annual Winter Forage Conference hosted by the Kansas Forage and Grassland Council and Kansas State University has been switched to a totally virtual event and will not take place in Great Bend.
The event will still occur on Thursday, December 10, 2020, beginning at 9:00 am CST. The program will continue to feature agricultural specialists addressing several forage topics including, pasture management and weed control, current hay prices and statistics, along with alfalfa management, insect control and a research update.
Featured speakers include Kim Nettleton, Kansas Department of Agriculture, market news; Don Miller, Alforex Seeds; Romulo Lollato, KSU forage and wheat extension specialist; Keith Harmoney, KSU range scientist; and Walt Fick, KSU range management specialist.
The event is free for current KSFGC members whose membership extends into 2021, and $25 for non-members, payable online, but you MUST REGISTER ONLINE to receive the ZOOM link.
Register online at http://bit.ly/KSFGCam. Note: when registering as a non-member and paying the $25 registration fee, you will receive a discounted one-year membership to KSFGC.
To learn more about membership benefits, click here.
Feel free to direct questions to Mark Nelson, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling (785) 587-6103, or Alicia Boor at email@example.com, or by calling 620-793-1910.
- Kansas Grazing Lands Coalition Grazing Call. Join other grazers from across the state of Kansas in a telephone conversation with grazing management experts Barry Barber, Gary Kilgore and Keith Harmoney on the second Monday of each month, from 7:30 to 9:00 pm.
- Who should participate? Farmers, ranchers and educators. Anyone who is interested in grazing!
- What’s the benefit to me? This is an opportunity to learn how you can use complementary forages to extend your grazing season, gain management tips and explore ideas to improve profitability while you responsibly manage your natural resources.
- How do I participate in the call? Dial: (712) 775-7031, Enter Access Code: 770024
- AFGC Annual Conference Coming to Kansas in 2022! Wichita, KS will be the site of the 2022 American Forage and Grassland Council (AFGC) Annual Conference, so mark your calendars for January 9-12, 2022. To learn more about this conference, check out this YouTube video, which provides a great summary of the recently concluded 2020 conference.