The Kansas Forage and Grassland Council (KSFGC) was first organized in 1988 to strengthen the forage base for the livestock industry through more efficient production and utilization. Today, we are a family of research & extension specialists, farmers, ranchers, agency personnel and industry professionals who understand and appreciate the vital role that forages and grasslands play in both the Kansas economy and landscape. Working together, we provide much needed forage education and programs.
- Promote the profitable use of forages for the efficient production of feed, food and fiber.
- Provide a forum for discussing forage problems and exchanging ideas, opportunities and solutions to problems.
- Collect and publicize information on forage technology and economics.
- Promote the development of equipment and products by agricultural industries needed for forage production and utilization.
- Encourage expanded and intensified research in production, marketing, and utilization of forages.
- Promote the use of forages for soil and water conservation and control of water pollution.
- Cooperate with other organizations to promote forage production, marketing and utilization.
- Encourage outstanding achievements in the forage industry through a recognition and awards program.
- Develop vigorous leadership to ensure continued support for the Kansas forage-livestock industry.
You must be logged in to post a comment.