- Promote the profitable use of forages for the efficient production of feed, food and fiber.
- Provide a forum for discussing forage problems and exchanging ideas, opportunities and solutions to problems.
- Collect and publicize information on forage technology and economics.
- Promote the development of equipment and products by agricultural industries needed for forage production and utilization.
- Encourage expanded and intensified research in production, marketing, and utilization of forages.
- Promote the use of forages for soil and water conservation and control of water pollution.
- Cooperate with other organizations to promote forage production, marketing and utilization.
- Encourage outstanding achievements in the forage industry through a recognition and awards program.
- Develop vigorous leadership to ensure continued support for the Kansas forage-livestock industry.