Get your students enrolled in the Kansas Range Youth Camp, where they’ll gain valuable knowledge and experience in managing grazing lands in Kansas. Students who are interested in ranching, natural resources, ecology, livestock and wildlife will learn things to set them up for success in their college courses.
- Where: Camp Mennoscah, 9458 SE 40 Street, Murdock, KS
- When: June 13-16, 2023
- Registration: $250
The Kansas Range Youth Camp is designed to give the students a basic understanding of what rangeland is, the components of rangeland ecosystems, and management of those systems. Students selected to participate should have a serious interest in rangeland management, rangeland ecology, or grazing animals. Registration is limited to students who will begin their sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school in the fall of 2023. Students who have graduated high school ARE NOT eligible.
For more information, contact Courtney Jackson (620) 767-5111 email@example.com.
Camp attendees will participate in a variety of activities, such as, swimming, canoeing, fishing and hiking, while also learning about: Range Plant Identification, Plant Growth, Stocking Rate Determinations, Livestock Nutrition, Rangeland Wildlife Management and much more!
Interested students should contact their local Conservation District, Extension Office, Farm Bureau Office, Livestock Association, and/or other local businesses for possible financial assistance. This event is sponsored by the Kansas Section Society for Range Management.
- Each camper will receive a camp information packet via mail by early May. This packet will include location maps, agenda, and list of things to bring.
- During camp each participant will receive a Range Youth Camp t-shirt and notebook filled with presentations and handouts.
- After camp a CD-ROM of pictures highlighting activities at the camp will be mailed to each participant. Copies can also be made for sponsors for presentation purposes upon request. Please contact Courtney Jackson at 620-767-5111 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about camp.
- Enrollment Fee: $250 (covers notebook, handouts, t-shirt, room and board.
- Checks for enrollment should be made payable to Kansas Range Youth Camp and mailed to Courtney Jackson 116 Fox Street, Council Grove, KS 66846. Include check, registration form, and health form. A $110 refund of tuition will be applied to cancellations received prior to June 1st.