The Kansas Forage and Grassland Council (KSFGC) was first organized in 1988 to strengthen the forage base for the livestock industry through more efficient production and utilization. As the industry has changed, so too has KSFGC; today it’s mission is, “To serve as an umbrella organization providing education and programs to strengthen the forage industry in Kansas.”
KSFGC Awards Program:
As part of our overall mission to strengthen the industry, the KSFGC Awards Program plays a key role by recognizing those individuals or groups providing leadership and making outstanding efforts, innovations and/or contributions to the Kansas Forage Industry. Award categories include: Outstanding Grassland/Hay Producer, Industry/Business, Research/Education, special awards for young producers and innovators, and finally the Award of Excellence.
- Promote the profitable use of forages for the efficient production of feed, food and fiber.
- Provide a forum for discussing forage problems and exchanging ideas, opportunities and solutions to problems.
- Collect and publicize information on forage technology and economics.
- Promote the development of equipment and products by agricultural industries needed for forage production and utilization.
- Encourage expanded and intensified research in production, marketing, and utilization of forages.
- Promote the use of forages for soil and water conservation and control of water pollution.
- Cooperate with other organizations to promote forage production, marketing and utilization.
- Encourage outstanding achievements in the forage industry through a recognition and awards program.
- Develop vigorous leadership to ensure continued support for the Kansas forage-livestock industry.